The Annual Transatlantic Entrepreneurship Academy is a course offered by University of Graz’s Center of Entrepreneurship and Applied Business Studies Graz in collaboration with Montclair State University’s Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship. We offer 20 once in a liftime chances for students from all subjects attending the University of Graz with a passion for entrepreneurship to work together with 20 Americans for two weeks on the following three main tasks:
- Comparing and getting to know the American and Austrian approach on how to do startups
- Analyzing the two different ecosystems and business locations in both countries
- Connecting highly motivated students to form long lasting friendships and relationships
The students of both parts of the world experience the other side and spend a week in both countries, participate in a one week entrepreneurship program here and there together. They get the chance to see the topic of entrepreneurship from two different angles and can deepen their understanding for entrepreneurship including "hands-on" experience with prototyping and customer development.
In times of globalization it is highly important to look beyond the horizon, what shall be achieved by students of this program.
Facts and Figures
- Interdisciplinary and intercultural Teams
- 2 weeks to spend: 1 in Graz and 1 in Montclair and NYC
- 20 students selected by each University
- 1 Mission: Entrepreneurship ecosystem and culture exchange
- March 3rd to March 11th 2017 in Graz
- April 17th to April 23rd in Montclair and NYC
- 5 ECTS
- Real hands-on experience, creating prototypes, using 3D printers, talking to customer etc.
- Receiving the “International Entrepreneurship Certificate”, allowing to go for the “Advanced Entrepreneurship” Certificate without needing to take the “Basic Entrepreneurship Certificate”
Outcomes of the Academy
- Creating an understanding for both parts of the world in the field of entrepreneurship
- Seeing the benefits of two different world views and perspectives as well as places
- Hands-on developing of prototypes and business models
- Making friends and business relationships for a lifetime
- High motivation and work attitude
- Commitment to spend two weeks in Graz and Montclair in March and April 2017
- Fascination for entrepreneurship and different cultures
- Bachelor or Master students
- English language
- Students of the University of Graz
The Transatlantic Entrepreneurship Academy attracts students from various backgrounds as it is trying to bring together people from interdisciplinary and intercultural backgrounds.
Everything covered (housing, meals, public transport and social events worth several thousand Euros) except flight costs and a contribution of gratitude $100 for our partnering institution; totaling costs of approximately 700€.
- Letter of motivation
- One page draft of an idea (optional)